She cogently links the different theoretical perspectives informing scholarship and research directed towards understanding the socio-cultural dimensions of medicine, illness and the body at the end of the twentieth century.
Medicine as Culture: Illness, Disease, and the Body in Western Societies
Key topics examined include: socio-theoretical and feminist perspectives of medicine; cultural representations of illness and disease; the language and visual imagery of medicine, illness and disease; and the development of the 'patient' and relations of power in the doctor-patient relationship. AB - Deborah Lupton provides a broad overview of the way medicine is experienced, perceived and socially constructed in western societies. Abstract Deborah Lupton provides a broad overview of the way medicine is experienced, perceived and socially constructed in western societies.
- How to Cheat in Maya 2014: Tools and Techniques for Character Animation?
- Medicine As Culture: Illness, Disease And The Body In Western Societies.
- Chemistry in the oil industry VII: Performance in a challenging environment.
Fingerprint Medicine. Volume 20 , Issue 2.
If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username.
Medicine as Culture: Illness, Disease and the Body — University of Canberra Research Portal
AAA Membership americananthro. Heather J.
- Fler böcker av Deborah Lupton?
- Services on Demand?
- Medicine as Culture: Illness, Disease and the Body in Western Societies | SpringerLink.
Tools Export citation Add to favorites Track citation. Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access.
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Get access to the full version of this article. View access options below.
- Medicine as Culture: Illness, Disease and the Body in Western Societies - PDF Free Download!
- Two Lives?
- MATLAB Linear Algebra.
- Tourist Season: Stories.
- Broadband Cable Access Networks: The HFC Plant.
- Applications of Soft Computing: Recent Trends.
You previously purchased this article through ReadCube. Institutional Login.
Exploring the Unknown
Log in to Wiley Online Library. Purchase Instant Access. View Preview.
Learn more Check out. Volume 20 , Issue 2 June Pages Related Information. Close Figure Viewer.